When you think of aging, what comes to mind? Do you view it as a positive rite of passage or a negative phenomenon that must simply be endured? You might assume that you’re destined for the latter. But, it doesn’t have to be that way. You can be an active participant in your own aging process. Your habits and your environment have a lot of influence on your longevity, and how you’ll feel in your later years.
On today’s Broken Brain Podcast, our host, Dhru, talks to Dave Asprey, founder and CEO of Bulletproof 360, creator of the global phenomenon Bulletproof Coffee, a two-time New York Times bestselling author, the host of the Webby award-winning podcast Bulletproof Radio, serial entrepreneur, and global change agent.
Dave has dedicated over two decades of his life identifying and working with world-renowned doctors, scientists, luminaries of human existence, and innovators to uncover the most advanced methods for enhancing mental and physical performance. Dave’s discoveries and the companies he has founded offer tools that enable people the opportunity to take control of body, mind, and biology—elevating human performance far beyond what we ever dreamed possible.
In this episode, Dhru and Dave talk about how he is on a mission to prove that humans can live to 180 in this lifetime, and not just live, but really thrive, by avoiding disease, having better sex, and supercharging our brainpower. They also talk about the Seven Pillars of Aging that contribute to degeneration and diseases, and how simple interventions like diet, sleep, exercise, and little-known but powerful hacks from ozone therapy to light therapy, can decelerate cellular aging and help your body’s ability to heal and rejuvenate.
In this episode, we dive into:
- Why Dave’s goal is to live to 180 (2:33)
- The real cause of balding and hair loss (5:46)
- The biggest fear around aging (10:47)
- The four things that will most likely kill us as we age (30:37)
- The benefits of ozone therapy (34:42)
- Dave’s story and the key pillars that were aging him and making him sick (39:23)
- The 7 Pillars of Aging (48:50)
- How our environment affects how we age (53:07)
- The anti-aging benefits of light therapy (59:27)
- The most important investment you should make when it comes to your health (1:03:13)
- Learn more about Dave and his work (1:15:40)
I know you’ll love this episode of The Broken Brain Podcast as much as I did.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD
PS – For more on Dave Asprey, be sure to follow him on Instagram @dave.asprey, on Facebook @bulletproofexecutive, on Twitter @bulletproofexec, and on YouTube @bulletproof. Check out his podcast, Bulletproof Radio, here, and check out his website https://daveasprey.com. You can order his new book, Super Human, right here.