What are some hot topics among our members? This is what trended in The Diet Doctor Facebook group last week:
First-world keto problems
Do you have any first-world keto problems? You know – annoying problems which, if you put them in perspective, make your eyes roll with their relative insignificance.
If you’re a member of the Diet Doctor Facebook group, you might have encountered this entertaining post about the minor but oh-so-inconvenient challenges you face on keto.
The post has gotten 104 comments so far, and here are some of the top responses:
- People thinking you will die if you don’t eat carbs. I think the picture below pretty much captures the whole point…
- Having to buy a new wardrobe. It’s so expensive!
- “Did you really say extra butter/cream/mayo?” A higher-fat diet undoubtedly breaks some conventions, so having to repeat one’s order to a confused waiter is super common.
- Constantly cleaning bacon/butter grease off of everywhere… Not just from your stove, but also from your newly-washed shirt.
- “Come on – one piece of cake won’t kill you!” Although your pie-baking grandmother is well meaning, it is a situation that is hard to deal with for most keto eaters.
Do you have any first world keto problems? Leave a comment below.